What are funfetti cookies?
These are vanilla cookies that have a great texture and amazing flavor but above all, they are loaded with fun and cuteness because we put a lot of sprinkles in them! And they are so easy to make that they are perfect birthday cookies.
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these cookies are not only the perfect combination of color and texture thanks to the sprinkles, they also have that great extra flavor given by the vanilla pudding. This is one of my favorite recipes to make for kid’s birthdays, and also to make with them at home!
How do we make funfetti cookies?
The procedure is really simple. You just need to cream sugar and butter at room temp until it’s light and fluffy. Use a mixer with a paddle attachment on, or mix by hand, with a whisk or a wooden spoon. Once nice and creamy, add the egg and yolk and combine. After the eggs, add the pudding powder all at once and mix before adding the dry ingredients and the sprinkles. Just mix until it’s combined.
Next step is scooping a good amount of cookie dough and create balls with your hands. These cookies tend to expand in the oven so place them apart from each other on a tray lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven until the edges of the cookie are just golden brown.
- Use eggs at room temperature. This will ensure all the ingredients are well combined.
- You can make your own sprinkle mix with your favorite colors. You could even make them all the same color if you’re planning a theme party!
- For my cookies I use an ice cream scoop for measuring the cookie dough. That’s usually 40-50 grams each. You get to choose the cookie size, just remember to bake for a shorter time when you make smaller cookies.
- If you’d like your cookies to be extra cute, sprinkle the tops with more sprinkles before baking!
- Store at room temperature on an airtight container to prevent them from drying out.
Easy Birthday Cookies
- Stand mixer
- Unsalted butter 120g
- White sugar 100g
- Egg 1
- Egg yolk 1
- Vanilla instant pudding 50g
- All purpose flour 180g
- Baking powder 1tsp
- Baking soda 1/2tsp
- Salt 1/4tsp
- Sprinkles ½ cup
- In the bowl of the stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the soft butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk and combine.
- Add in the vanilla pudding and mix well.
- Sift flour with the remaining dry ingredients and add to the mix. Keep on mixing on low speed just until combined.
- Add in the sprinkles and combine.
- Scoop the cookie dough and shape into balls. Put the cookie balls separated from each other on a baking tray with parchment paper. Press slightly every cookie before baking to help them spread more easily.
- Bake on preheated oven at 180°C (355°F) for 12-14 minutes, until de edges look slightly golden and firm.